1 This agreement
1.1 Establishment of agreement
(1) Thank You for choosing to use www.markitup.com.au (Site) as Your preferred service provider with respect to proof reading and providing feedback in relation to Your answers to Your assessments and examinations.
(c) You agree that a legally binding agreement is formed between Us and You.
(2) We respect the rights and privacy of all individuals and are committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles(APP’s) and protecting the personal information we hold.
2.2 How do we collect personal information?
The information we collect may fall into two categories:
(1) personal information You voluntarily supply to Us to take advantage of Our Services or the use of the Site by You, some of which may identify You personally; and
(2) tracking information we collect as You navigate through our Site.
2.3 What personal information do we collect?
(1) We collect the types of personal information required to assistUs in providing our Services and informing You about them.
(2) This includes personal information such as:
(a) Your name, date of birth, phone number, email, school and home address; and
(b) information to assist our relationship management and market research functions, which may include information relating to Your interests, experiences and preferences.
2.4 How do we use Your personal information and who may we disclose it to?
(1) We will use personal information You provide for the primary purposes of:
(a) informing You about our business;
(b) improving our business; and
(c) using that information as part of the provision of the Services by Us;
(d) administering our relationship with You by:
(i) responding to Your enquiries; and
(ii) providing You with information about our services that may be of interest to You.
(2) We may also use Your personal information for a secondary purpose related to the primary purposes set out above.
(3) By submitting Your personal information, You consent to Ususing it to:
(a) provide You with Our Services;
(b) administer our relationship with You;
(c) monitor online activity on the Site;
(d) market, improve and add to our Services;
(e) respond to a serious threat to an individual’s life or to public health or safety;
(f) respond to suspected unlawful activity; or
(g) where required or authorised by law.
2.5 Can You remain anonymous or withhold personal information?
(1) Where practical You may choose not to identify yourself, deal with Us on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym.
(2) In some instances, if You do not provide Us with required personal information we may not be able to provide You with the requested Services.
2.6 Will You receive direct marketing?
(1) If You provide Us with Your personal information and You consent to receiving direct marketing communications from Us, You authorise Us to send You promotional messages and materials related to Our Services, unless You submit a later request not to receive direct marketing communications.
(2) Our direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) that You may request not to receive direct marketing communications.
(3) If You do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from Us, please submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications or use the unsubscribe facility provided in the most recent communication from Us or contact Us on the details provided.
2.7 Will Your information be disclosed overseas?
We are unlikely to disclose Your personal information to any person or entity outside Australia, but will inform You if and when this is necessary.
2.8 How can You access and correct Your personal information?
(1) You generally have the right to access Your personal information free of charge, subject to some limitations contained in the Privacy Act.
(2) The APP’s set out some circumstances in which we are not required to provide You with such access. If You ask for Your personal information and any of these circumstances exist, You may be given access to the personal information in a way that is permitted under the Privacy Act.
(3) To protect personal information held by Us, You may need to confirm Your identity before access to Your personal information is granted. It may take a little time to process Your application for access and retrieve information from storage (if applicable).
(4) We encourage You to update Us so that we have accurate, current and complete information. You may correct any errors or request that we delete all or some of Your personal information. You may also submit a request not to have any further contact from Us.
2.9 How can You complain about privacy breaches?
If You have a complaint in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of Your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer via the details provided below. Our Privacy Officer will review all complaints received and respond to each complainant upon due consideration (which may require further information to be provided).
2.11 Who can You contact about Your personal information?
To contact Usabout Your personal information, concerns or complaints, email our Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org